On Tue, Mar 4, 2014 at 12:55 PM, Andrew Starks <andrew.starks@trms.com> wrote:
> I've had to patch 3 libraries. My total library usage is rather small,
> so I was extrapolating. The fix was exactly the one that you suggest
> in this email and it worked perfectly.

Two things;

One, I didn't read your "many thanks", which changed to tone of the
email. :) If I sounded alarmed, it was because of that.

Second, I forgot to add that the suggested patch works excellent, so
long as you also go through the code and catch any places where
automatic coercion takes place, unless the global tostring is patched.

This can be somewhat difficult to do, but not too much more. So, in
code where "str .. my_num" is done, then you have to manually add
`tostring` to get the intended result.

This was why I suggested that changes to coercion should be
considered, at the same time.

Apologies for the double post.

--Andrew