Hi Andreas,

> * Something I didn't grasp quite yet is the nature and relation between LuaRocks, LuaDist, LuaToolbox, LuaPower. Since the base installation of Lua is bare-bones, a new user likely wants to use some of these.

I was looking for a concise comparison myself few weeks ago and came
up with my own:
http://notebook.kulchenko.com/zerobrane/lua-package-managers-luadist-luarocks-and-integration-with-zerobrane-studio.
It mostly compares LuaRocks and LuaDist, but also mentions LuaToolbox.
LuaPower wasn't announced at that time yet.

I think the comparison is too long for the getting started page if
used as is, but it may be worthwhile to have a link to a separate page
that lists and compares Lua package managers.

Paul.