I'm trying to read a binary file using lua 5.1 on windows. When using
filehandler:read("*a") the file is not loaded completely, it justs reads the
first 157 bytes of the file. I checked the code with another binary file and
it works well, so the code seems works in principle.
Is there a certain ascii code that stops lua from reading a binary file (the
first character not read has the ascii code 26). I tried the same code and
binary file with lua on the RISC OS operating system and here it works.

Any idea what might go wrong?

P.S.: reading a certian block of bytes intead of all ("*a") does not help
thank you very much!