On Feb 21, 2014, at 14:09 , steve donovan wrote:

On Fri, Feb 21, 2014 at 2:41 PM, René Rebe <rene@exactcode.de> wrote:
I do not remember being among the group of "all" that want to cover a data
corruption bug with a change of the manual, ... :-/

You've proposed a solution, but cannot insist on immediately getting
an answer; generally the Lua team do not accept patches directly.
People can refer to this thread and patch their Lua if they feel the
need.

To continue to irritate people is not the best way to make a contribution.

I did not insist not an "answer", actually already wanted to long give
up replying to this thread, and only commented to the irritating replies
that came in.

But, there's nothing stopping you from creating a little C extension
that implements getline for Lua.  It's certainly not a problem which
people hit very often...

I already mentioned that the change already went into our local Lua
tree, … so bug long solved for us™.

--
 ExactCODE GmbH, Jaegerstr. 67, DE-10117 Berlin
 http://exactcode.com | http://exactscan.com | http://ocrkit.com | http://t2-project.org | http://rene.rebe.de