On Feb 21, 2014, at 7:21 , Dirk Laurie wrote:

May I suggest replacing the call to fgets in src/liolib.c so that we can
read lines with \0 data?

I vote against the proposaI that io.lines() should accept \0 as just
another data character.

There may well be programs out there where programmers are
using the convention that \0 causes the remainder of the line to be
ignored.

I have it hard to believe someone wrote something like that intentionally.

--
 ExactCODE GmbH, Jaegerstr. 67, DE-10117 Berlin
 http://exactcode.com | http://exactscan.com | http://ocrkit.com | http://t2-project.org | http://rene.rebe.de