Hi,
        Thanks for your reply. My intention is to create 2 totally independent lua scripts running in parallel. So I run them in completely separate Lua States since I don't want their global space to overlap.
        I figured out that I was never yielding from the coroutine so I fixed my code like this which is working good. So now I want to write a module in C which when called from Lua would allow the lua program to run multiple lua scripts simultaneously without needing any support from the OS.

There are several existing solutions for this. Have a look at Lanes for example.

--
Benoit.