Hi list,

I just happened to run across an issue with LuaSocket with the result types of LuaSocket's getsockname:

In the code up to May 30, 2013 (github commit a233e27865d96566a6cb13960d08605ce34d9f0d), the second return value was the port number (as type number).

Since the above mentioned commit, the port number is returned as string. I have not found documentation or reasoning for the change in behavior; is this an oversight?

Of course working around it is easy with a tonumber(). Took me a while to find out why my code isn't behaving as it used to be in the past, though.

Thanks,
Tom