On Fri, Jan 31, 2014 at 9:52 AM, Dirk Laurie <dirk.laurie@gmail.com> wrote:
> If the suggestiion that __call for strings should be squandered on simulating
> printf

That was my thought - so many better ways to use __call (like sub?).
And ultimately, it's a global modification.  I used to think this was
harmless, but eventually even simple error messages on string types
start to get confusing.  Now, if we could do this kind of hack _per
environment_ (however that be defined) then we're cooking; a person's
experiments remain private idiosyncrasies.

So I guess my sense of humour didn't boot up fast enough ;)