On 24/01/2014, at 9:12 pm, Pierre Chapuis <catwell@archlinux.us> wrote:

> Note that KD-trees *do* make sense in very large
> dimensional spaces, where they are used for
> Approximate Nearest Neighbour search. This is
> frequent in Computer Vision, see that project
> for instance: https://github.com/philbinj/fastann

Good point, thanks.  I guess I was thinking “even with a lot of objects, there’s not much in any corner of a n-dimensional space”, and wrongly concluding that there’s not much point searching, when of course, that’s a really good reason to search.  Though really, I guess I just wasn’t thinking much.