Hi list,

I am working on a fast xml library (using RapidXML) and want to implement a simple search algorithm to find the first node with a given tag.

From my own extensive use of such 'find' functions, the objects to find are usually near the surface so I want to avoid depth-first search.

The ideal solution would be breadth-first search but I cannot see how to implement a fast FIFO in Lua or even in C (do not know how to store a reference to an arbitrary table in a fast way).

Any idea ?

If I cannot find a way to write such a fifo, I'll use iterative deepening depth-first search.

                                                               Gaspard