On 2014-01-19 20:23, David Favro wrote:
I took a quick look at lumail, and it seems to be almost 100% C++, with just
the user's configuration file as a Lua script (albeit the config file
contains all of the keybindings).  I'm not knocking it, it looks great,
maybe I'll even try it... but I really don't see it as an example of a trend
from "glue/embedded" to "written in Lua".

Well, yes, you are right. I was mistaken by the fact that Lumail was described as being "100% scripted and configured in Lua". However on close inspection it appears that the underlying structure is written in C. Nonetheless its Lua scripting capability is to be celebrated, because there are no other email clients that support Lua scripting. So it's a great gain. Unfortunately, POP3 support has not been implemented (yet). But, again, it's a start. A move in the right direction.
Hopefully Lumail will evolve into an all-round emal client, like mutt.