Come to Goa, India. It is far cheap than any other place you mentioned and very safe. Gay thing is legal in India, for them also it is safe.

Most of conferences are held in Goa, as it is a smaller and cheaper version of Miami. :)

On Sat, Jan 4, 2014 at 9:26 PM, Marc Balmer <marc@msys.ch> wrote:
Am 31.12.13 08:14, schrieb Gunnar Zötl:

>> Roberto Ierusalimschy <roberto@inf.puc-rio.br> hat am 30. Dezember 2013 um
>> 14:06 geschrieben:
>>

>>> Even here in the Netherlands someone gay gets beat up once in a while
>>> (disgusting, but it happens). So that makes a list of Netherlands, France,
>>> Russia and the US as non-possible locations for the next Lua workshop. Maybe
>>> no more workshop at all, as the world seems to be a dangerous place...
>>
>> +1. (Adds Brazil to the list; here tourists get beat up once in a while,
>> regardless their sexual orientation.)
>
> Add Germany. Everybody can get beaten up here for just about every reason. A
> quick google will tell you that. It's just, a quick google shows you what you
> want to see, and does not put it into perspective. There's stupid laws and
> a**holes all over the world, sadly. I very much appreciate Alexanders
> initiative, and if I can make it at all, I will be there.

Because the whole world is such a crappy and dangerous place - except
Switzerland - we held the workshop in 2011 in Switzerland ;)

Well, we can't do it all the time in this safe and calm corner of the
world, where the sky is always blue, the sun shining 28 hours a day,
nine days a week, and the cows are yodeling - so I am all for Moscow.

And I am totally sure Alexander will organize an amazing event...

--
Regards,

Jaydeep Dave
Mobile: +919898456445