I was intrigued by a comment in the incompatibilities section of the 5.2 manual:

"Equality between function values has changed. Now, a function definition may not create a new value; it may reuse some previous value if there is no observable difference to the new function."

Can we deduce from this that the byte streams of functions are stored as, or in the same way as, strings? If so, does the same, or another, size threshold apply?

---