On Friday, January 03, 2014 03:05:53 PM Lorenzo Donati wrote:
> They surely were thinking of some foreseeable adaptation of the code to
> non-euclidean geometries. :-)

Nowadays wouldn't you just define pi to be tau/2 ?

(Okay, enough of this off-topic nonsense.)

My last mail where I compared the memory of different concatenation methods is
bugging me. table.concat in Lua 5.2 is now as almost bad as working in a loop.
I know it can't be as good as OP_CONCAT because it has to handle lists larger
than the stack. But to be pathological is a regression. Of course it only
matters when the source string is long.

Also, string.format in Lua 5.2 makes a lot more garbage than in 5.1. But I
don't think it's used for concatenating many strings that often.

--
tom <telliamed@whoopdedo.org>