On Fri, Jan 3, 2014 at 9:40 AM, Sir Pogsalot <sir.pogsalot@gmail.com> wrote:
> a library, though, I don't mess with globals.  Lua, like C, encourages me to
> shoot myself (if convenient) and accept responsibility for it.   :-)

Which is why I like both languages, they treat us as adults. Can do
very entertaining and useful things by modifying global metatables,
for instance. If it's just a script to do something once-off then I'll
pull pl.stringx into string and go for it.  (My hard-drives are now
full of once-off scripts - thinking of doing a script that makes it
easier to track them all ;))