OK thanks Luiz. (I almost typed Luaz.)

I think I will use zlua_ as a prefix then, that should be safe.

On Tue, Dec 10, 2013 at 3:16 PM, Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo <lhf@tecgraf.puc-rio.br> wrote:
> My question is whether there is a documented list of Lua prefixes reserved
> for use by Lua.

The prefix lua_ is reserved for the official Lua C API. You should not
use this prefix to avoid collisions in the future.

We use luaX_ where X is an upper case letter to indicate internal functions
that need to be called across modules. Except for luaL, your Lua program
will never see these when compiling, but they may show up in linking.
So, it's better to avoid using luaX_ as a prefix.