On Tue, Dec 10, 2013 at 11:54 AM, Sean Conner <sean@conman.org> wrote:

  In my own code, for functions that are generic Lua routines (not limited
to a single module) is to prefix the function with 'llua_':

        llua_pushfoo()
        llua_tofoo()

Indeed, I was thinking of switching to zlua_ instead of luaZ_ (which I quite liked, but then noticed that most single uppercase letters are taken).

For my own Lua functions written in C (the ones that don't work like a Lua API) I use l_func_name.

And to me that's the difference: l_func_name is a Lua function (taking just a lua_State* and returning an int, called by lua_call or lua_pcall), and something like luaXXX_tomytype is a function that isn't a Lua function, that uses the Lua API, and is very much like another Lua C API function.