Same, here, works fine, but I don't use the makefiles either.

BTW, I would love to see lua in an amalgamated version, the same way
sqlite does. Considering there is a lot of people out there that wants
to easily integrate something inside an existing project (not caring
too much about makefiles) having lua as a one single big chunk of C
code would be really nice.

In the meanwhile, I'm more than pleased with current's lua packaging.

Regards,
   JLH

--
JLH