> And the implementation uses _at least_ 64-bit integers. As both long
> long and int64_t are C99, why do not use int64_t?

I think that was answered several times, but here it goes again: in
real life, long long is more widespread and better supported than
int64_t. (For instance, in my Linux, printf has a modifier for long long
[ll], but there is no modifier for int64_t.)

> Anyway, I think that the manual could be clearer in this point. Also,
> lua_Integer definition should be fixed in the section 4.8 of the
> manual, as it is defined as long long by default, not ptrdiff_t.
>
> [1] http://www.lua.org/work/doc/manual.html#2.1

That is an error in the manual. That definition was not updated to
5.3. (Come on, that was a work version...) Forget the ptrdiff_t.

-- Roberto