Hello,
    I am working on a project using Docker ( http://www.docker.io/ ) to provision server instances dynamically and wanted to try to use Lua to handle the dynamic provisioning.
    The Docker server has a daemon listening on a Unix domain socket ( /var/run/docker.sock ) that implements a REST interface. There are client libraries for Python, Ruby, JS, PHP, etc... but not Lua:
http://docs.docker.io/en/latest/api/remote_api_client_libraries/

    A client is rather straightforward - a simple HTTP client that can bind to a Unix domain socket path is all you really need. Looking at Luasocket, it looks as if the socket.http library could do this, if the right function is passed in for the create parameter to the request method.

   I am relatively new to Lua, but am an experienced developer in Python, Perl, PHP, C, etc... if someone can point me to an explanation of interface that the create function has to support, or better yet can provide a skeleton of the necessary code, I would appreciate it. Ideally someone has done this already and their code is available?

   Thanks for any help,
   Steve