Thanks to Craig for the help: I've added the fruits of this fumbling to
a fork of luaposix, found here:
https://github.com/cathalgarvey/luaposix

If you can build and install that, you'll have a new function:
posix.fadvise. Plus, the 6 constants defined for use with same:
POSIX_FADV_XXXX.

Have made pull request, hope to see it in mainline.

Thanks to the devs of lua for making a language that's easily
extendable, so a newcomer to lua can write a new module before he's
written the use-case! :)