On Mon, Nov 25, 2013 at 12:52 PM, Shital Patil <shital.patil@gslab.com> wrote:
> Thanks
> Could you please suggest where do I need to do changes in this make file for
> LuaXml ?

This is weird - it explicitly adds -fPIC for linux:

# generic platform specific rules:
ARCH            = $(shell uname -s)
ifeq ($(ARCH),Linux)
  CFLAGS += -fPIC
  LFLAGS =  -fPIC -shared
  LIBS          = $(LIBDIR) $(LIB) -llua -ldl
  EXESUFFIX =
  SHLIBSUFFIX = .so

I had to change the Lua include to the Ubuntu/Debian standard, and
comment out libs (extensions don't need to be explicitly linked
against Lua):

gcc -Os -Wall -c  -fPIC -I/usr/include/lua5.1 -c LuaXML_lib.c
gcc -o LuaXML_lib.so -fPIC -shared LuaXML_lib.o

and that works fine. See if these lines work for you...

steve d.