Am 21.11.2013 23:25 schröbte Marc Lepage:
It happens that I'm currently using a callable table, but the one other
function I have in the table I'm OK to get rid of. So I can switch it to a
function instead of a table. I am sort of asking if that's OK, nothing will
break because it's a function instead of a table. I guess I'm good to go?

The `module` function will silently overwrite a function in `package.loaded` when called with the same module name. If you don't use `module`, or if you don't "reopen" modules you should be fine.

Philipp