[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- Subject: Re: Modules that are functions
- From: Kevin Martin <kev82@...>
- Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2013 22:32:51 +0000
On 21 Nov 2013, at 21:59, Marc Lepage <email@example.com> wrote:
> Is a module that is a function (not a table) a reasonable thing? Is it a common idiom (in this case)? Are there alternatives?
Modules can return anything, or nothing (require converts this to true).
I've toyed with this idea as it does feel a bit silly to return a table with one function it it, but I always decided against it because:
1) I'll never be able to remember which modules return tables, and which return a function
2) I can guarantee that at some point in the future, that module which currently only has one function will need another, and the rewrite will be horrific if not returning a table.