[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- Subject: Re: table.new in 5.3?
- From: Dirk Laurie <dirk.laurie@...>
- Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2013 23:27:45 +0200
2013/11/20 Rena <email@example.com>:
> I wonder if there's a good reason for Lua 5.3 or a third-party library to
> add table.new(narr, nrec) (as seen in LuaJIT) to Lua? It seems like a useful
> optimization, and its implementation should only take a couple of lines
> (call lua_createtable() and return).
While we are on the subject of API functions that would be nice to
have directly from Lua:
1. getmetafield(tbl,key) -- calls luaL_getmetafield.
2. concat(...) -- calls lua_concat, which respects __tostring.