On Wed, Nov 20, 2013 at 3:49 PM, Pierre Chapuis <catwell@archlinux.us> wrote:
> For instance, take this. Can you guess what this does?

Well less, but I did have to _learn_ to read Moonscript ;)

> I would almost always rather have slightly longer, boring but
> straightforward Lua code.

It actually _is_ very straightforward code, just with different
syntax. There's a lot of sugar going on here!  And all this extra
syntax and rules-for-sugar means, yes, it can blow up.

I do agree that clever code is rarely worth it; better to have a good
clear design and straightforward implementation.

steve d.