On Mon, Nov 18, 2013 at 3:47 PM, Tim Hill <drtimhill@gmail.com> wrote:
> For myself, if I do have a bunch of “local x = tx.” statements in production code, I just wrap them up into a generator macro (I generally use a macro processor with my Lua source code to help out with stuff like this). This reduces typing but doesn’t mess with the language.

On topic and probably worthy of its own thread. I'm sure they're out
there but some kind of momentum behind a common macro processor for
Lua would be "nice to have." That does seem like the simplest way to
address (what i see as) the most relevant annoyance --- the ten foot
variant of:

`local print, table, pack, unpack, pairs, ipairs = print, table,
table.pack, table.unpack, pairs, ipairs`