On 11/11/2013 13.54, Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo wrote:
> Just so it's clear: now is the time to remind us of any glitches you
> have found in Lua 5.2. In particular, problems in the Makefiles.
> Just have a look at the bug list to see what has been reported before:
> 	http://www.lua.org/bugs.html#5.2.2
>
> All feedback welcome. Thanks.
> --lhf

BTW, The source code published on the Lua website is stuck at 5.2.0 [1]
(and 5.1 [2]).

Would it be possible to update it to the latest releases of each version
(5.2.3 and 5.1.5 respectively)?

It would be useful when pointing people (e.g. on StackOverflow) to
source code. It is true that the chance of hitting a section of code
that has been changed is small, but if it happened it would be confusing
and disappointing. Moreover someone browsing the code online would
expect the code to reflect the latest release and probably wouldn't
notice the "small prints" telling him the exact release. Moreover the
bug page lists the patches for each bug as a diff with the previous
release, so someone comparing the diff and the sources of the latest
release online could be misled.

I guess you have some script that performs the web-pages generation from
source, so it shouldn't be much work (correct me if I'm wrong).

Thanks!

-- Lorenzo

[1] http://www.lua.org/source/5.2/
[2] http://www.lua.org/source/5.1/