From: spammealot1@live.co.uk
To: lua-l@lists.lua.org
Subject: RE: Another userdata question
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2013 01:24:36 +0000

Hello

Thanks for the replies, the tricky bit I am stuck on is illustrated with these 2 lines from the quoted example

    // and the registry to store the Lua object (this time a Lua table).
     lua_State * L = GetWindowLongPtr(hwnd, GWLP_USERDATA);
     lua_rawgetp(L, LUA_REGISTRYINDEX, (void*)hwnd);

In my example when the instance of the userdata was created I kept a copy of the pointer to the userdata instance on the C side.  So instead of the above example where it gets the object ptr from the registry and pushes it onto the stack I was thinking I just push my stashed ptr with something like a pushUserdata() API function.

Only snag with my idea is no such function exists :( So how do I get my instance ptr back on the stack so that I can see if it has got an associated action function defined in the Lua code ?

Maybe I should stash it in and retrieve it from the Registry anyway ?

Thanks for any further tips. For info, I am using Lua 5.1

Regards Geoff