[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- Subject: Re: meaning of a lua statement
- From: Choonster TheMage <choonster.2010@...>
- Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2013 21:33:55 +1100
On 6 November 2013 21:20, Raja Sekhar <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> Hello to all,
> I'm new to lua scripting language and i've seen a statement
> like this
> local hwfn =
> what does it mean ......
> Raja Sekhar
To break it down into its basic components:
- Get the value of the `lo` variable
- Look up the string key "swig_class" in this value (which is probably
a table or userdata)
- Call the result of this look-up with a single string argument "Hw_device"
- Look up the string key ".fn" in the first return value of the called function
- Assign the result of this look-up to the new local variable `hwfn`
As for what that code actually does, that's hard to say without
knowing which library is being used. It looks like it might be some
sort of binding to SWIG.