Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to drop by and make two announcements.

First, I released Textadept 7.0 a few days ago. Textadept is a fast, minimalist, and remarkably extensible cross-platform text editor for programmers written in a combination of C and Lua. 7.0 is a major new release with a lot of improvements. If you haven't tried Textadept yet, or if it's been a while since you last tried it, you may be interested. Just remember to temporarily rename your `~/.textadept/` folder (if it exists) to something else in case you have something incompatible in there.

  http://foicica.com/textadept

Second, I want to announce that you can now pre-order my upcoming "Textadept Quick Reference" book due to be published in December of this year (in time for Christmas). The book will be available in Ebook (PDF) and Print formats. If you pre-order the print version, you'll have the option to get it hand-signed by me. (I will follow up with you personally by e-mail.)

  http://foicica.com/textadept/MEDIA.html#book

The December 12 date is my upperbound target. I hope to ship earlier in the month. If you are only interested in the Ebook, you *do not* have to provide your mailing address -- the address form is for print books.

I know the international shipping is a bit steep, but that's because I will personally ship all pre-orders from the U.S. If you want to wait to purchase from an outlet like Amazon UK, you can (I'm just not sure when it will become available).