2013/11/4 Lorenzo Donati <lorenzodonatibz@tiscali.it>:
> On 04/11/2013 12.58, Roberto Ierusalimschy wrote:
>>   IEEE Software Special Issue on "New Directions in Programming Languages"
>>
> [...]
>> As long as they meet the requirements above, submissions may take on topics
>> including, but not limited to:
>> * novel programming language features
>> * multiparadigm programming languages, such as Scala, C# or F#
>> * dynamic/scripting programming languages designed for productivity, such as
>>   JavaScript, ***Lua*** or Python
>
> (emphasis mine)
>
> Hooray!!! :-)
>
> Can we safely deem that as an official and definitive recognition of Lua
> as being among the major scripting languages? :-)
>
> My compliments to Lua Team for this accomplishment!

The challenge to us is now to not only cheer, but to submit a contribution.
Phrases like "case studies" and "cross-discipline issues" describe things
that we do. "Articles should have a practical orientation and be written
in a style accessible to practitioners." Over-theoretical stuff not welcome.

Isn't that what most of our [ANN: ...] postings are about?