In the section about patterns, the following line puzzles me:

> The interaction between ranges and classes is not defined. Therefore, patterns like [%a-z] or [a-%%] have no meaning.

In the second pattern, '%%' is actually the escape sequence for %, not
a character set. "[a-%%]" is an empty set, because 'a' > '%', but
nevertheless, it looks out of place in that sentence.

That line is present in the manual since at least v5.0, which leads me
to think that I may be missing something...

What gives?

-- Pierre-Yves