> I was discussing Lua with a friend, he told be that he heard that Lua is
> only(mainly) used to embed in other applications. So, I have decided to
> have real data before responding to him. So, I would need this: list of
> applications on the web where Lua is used in a standalone mode

As already pointed out in other replies, a main goal of Lua is to
interoperate easily with other languages, and a lot of Lua code uses this
facility. But that does not imply that Lua is being "embedded in other
applications". You would not say that the Lua code used is Adobe
Lightroom or Grim Fandango is embedded in "other" application, as a big
part of the application itself is written in Lua. Nevertheless, both
examples also have a large chunk of C/C++ code.

-- Roberto