Am 03.11.2013 19:48 schröbte Justin Cormack:
On Sun, Nov 3, 2013 at 6:13 PM, František Fuka <fuka@fuxoft.cz> wrote:
Thank you. I tried LuaRocks, I managed to build luasocket (after building
luasec) but it was built for Lua 5.1...

Does it help if you uninstall Lua5.1? The preferred versions thing in
Ubuntu is a bit hostile towards you actually using both at once.

Why is that? I use both Lua versions side-by-side without any problems.

I think, the issue is that the LuaRocks version in the Ubuntu repositories is too old and only works with Lua 5.1. I suggest downloading the latest LuaRocks, installing it into a local directory, and building luasocket using the local LuaRocks:

    wget http://luarocks.org/releases/luarocks-2.1.1.tar.gz
    tar xzf luarocks-2.1.1.tar.gz
    cd luarocks-2.1.1
./configure --prefix=$HOME/tmp/luarocks --lua-version=5.2 --lua-suffix=5.2 --with-lua-include=/usr/include/lua5.2 --versioned-rocks-dir --force-config
    make bootstrap
$HOME/tmp/luarocks/bin/luarocks install http://luarocks.org/repositories/rocks-scm/luasocket-3.0rc1-1.rockspec

Justin

Philipp