Hello,

I've used Lua as 'entry point' in various applications, e.g, running
the application with a Lua interpreter. But, besides some little
scripts, most applications will use libraries that were not written in
Lua. As you asked for an example, I can cite one application of mine:
NeuralView [1] (graphical interface for an artificial neural network
library).

Lucas.

[1]: https://bitbucket.org/lucashnegri/neuralview

--