Paul,

Being a Lua newbie, learning it in my spare time, and coming from a background of some exposure to Python, Erlang -- I found Lua's lack of organized (in one place), documentation of libraries, to be quite a bit of a handicap in my learning & experimentation.

So, I spent couple of hours to download library documentation of about 90% of libraries in LuaDist, which could be in form of HTML file, or plain text README, or just sample lua code, and created a sort of documentation snapshot.

I tried looking at the code of ZBS to see if, I could add a link in the 'Help' menu to open this documentation up, in a local directory on my PC. Couldn't make much headway so far. While I'm yet to do it, but I plan to write a meta-index, that will have short description of the library, and then links to open-up whatever documentation, in whatever form is available, which could be HTML doc-set, README, sample / test lua files. If it is README, it'd be rendered as-is in the browser, but if Lua code (Sample/test), then I plan to have the lua-code displayed via HTML-beautifier ! Do you suppose this might be useful ?

But then again, based on an exchange with Peter Drahos, I get the impression that ZBS would be included in LuaDua at somepoint in future (perhaps before the user-conf), and in that case, the duplication of documentation might be wierd, and anyhow, there is no way to keep the documentation snapshot in-sync with evolutions in the library. Is there a better way that ZBS could take care of this, systematically ? I still don't know enough of Lua to make a well-informed call on this.

Jay