On Thu, Oct 24, 2013 at 12:04 AM, Sean Conner <sean@conman.org> wrote:
> But where delim is defined as the first character of the string (instead of
> the hardcoded pattern I have here).  This is harder than it looks.

Just so that I can move on with my life, here is a wicked ugly version
that I would not show my mother:

```
lpeg = require'lpeg'

P, Cg, Cb, C, R, Ct, Cmt, V = lpeg.P, lpeg.Cg, lpeg.Cb, lpeg.C,
lpeg.R, lpeg.Ct, lpeg.Cmt, lpeg.V

test_pat = "!f/sd!/sdsf!sd/f"
local d = P("#")

delim_char = Cmt((P(P"!" + P"/")) , function(c, p, a, b)  print("cmt:
",c,p,a,b );d = P(a); return p end)

delim  = Cmt( P(1), function(c,p,a,b) return d:match(a) and true or false end)

field  = C((P(1) - delim)^0)

regexp = delim_char * field * (delim * field)^0 * -1

regexp_t = Ct(regexp)

for i, v in pairs(regexp_t:match(test_pat)) do
    print(i,"=",v)
end
```

I took out the field names, only for brevity. I don't think it would
change the results, though.