> Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2013 08:17:55 -0300
> From: Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo <lhf@tecgraf.puc-rio.br>
> Subject: Re: Proposal: add all metamethods to the 2.4 section
>
> > On the 2.4 section of the reference manual some metamethods are
> explained but not all.
> >
> > It would be great to see all the methods available at a glance, for
> instance missing methods are :
> >
> > __pairs
> > __ipairs
> > __gc
> > __tostring
>
> Execpt for __gc, the others are what we call "core metamethods": they
> are features of the libraries.

For what it is worth I strongly agree with the OP on this (and have
mentioned it before myself). It does not need to be lengthy: just a list of
the keys cross-referenced and hyperlinked to the section in the manual where
they are fully described would be fine. At present there is no complete list
of the keys used in the standard distribution (core and libraries), not even
in the index. This makes it difficult when one is designing an object: you'd
like to consider all the existing meta-keys for possible relevance and to be
sure if adding more that existing ones are not being "stomped on".