Hi Hisham,

OK, I will check those on Monday night at my office.

See you on Tuesday.

Good Weekend!
Journeyer
Journeyer J. Joh
o o s a p r o g r a m m e r
a t
g m a i l  d o t  c o m

2013/10/12 Hisham <h@hisham.hm>
On 11 October 2013 11:22, Journeyer J. Joh <oosaprogrammer@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Hisham
>
> I am sorry I didn't specify about exact problem of loading of lpeg.so and
> lfs.so.
>
> lfs.so achieved by luarocks failed to loaded with the message below.
>
>> "undefined reference to stat64"
>
> So I checked with '-H' and '-v' option and found that cross linker invoked
> was different than the one invoked by cross compiling with Makefile (the
> latter). When luarocks is used bin/ld of my toolchain is used. When luarocks
> is not used bin/collect2 is used directly. But I am not sure if this is the
> critical difference. And I remember options for assembler was also different
> between those two.
>
> I can say that using the latter method, using Makefile has a competitive
> benefit.
> Makefiles of lpeg and luafilesystem specify the make macro variables that
> need to specify on theirselves. So I was easily test with specifying those
> variables to my cross toolchain easily. But when it comes to luarocks it's
> uncertain what make macro I need to specify. Do I need to specify assembler?
> linker? or Do I need to specify special CFLAGS ? -L path? -I path?... is not
> given. I can check lpeg's Makefile to decide these. But what if one variable
> conflicts between two different rocks? For example lpeg' Makefile specifies
> CFLAG with something and somthing but luafilesystem specifies with different
> CFLAG like otherthing and otherthing...
>
> I am sorry I didn't try to find out what caused this differences and what
> difference caused the former failed and the latter succeeded. I stopped
> investigation right after I found the latter worked. And I think the latter
> is not that 'enough method'. the former and the latter together worked in
> my case. So I'd better say that both ways are needed.
>
> I am sorry for unclear statement. I am home now and all my work is at my
> office.

When you get back at work, could you check precisely what changes you
made to the makefiles? It could be useful for improving the rockspec
files.

Thank you!

-- Hisham