On Friday, October 4, 2013, Pierre Chapuis wrote:
> 2013/10/4 Fabio Mascarenhas <mascarenhas@acm.org>:

> Very nice! For the next few weeks, we can answer all
> newbie questions with "Have you read Fabio's notes?"

I agree, this is awesome.

Thanks!

Actually, this is way better than PiL 1 to learn Lua
for people who do not want to / cannot buy PiL 3.

A set of lecture notes and sample code is not really a substitute for a book, but it can serve to learn some points where Lua 5.1/5.2 is different from 5.0. Although I didn't cover _ENV (neither setfenv/getfenv).

I have a mirror at http://fabiomascarenhas.github.io/lua/ that I forgot to mention. I also have a unit on coroutines that did not have time to cover in class which I will put online shortly.

May I suggest the official Lua website should recommend it?

LHF is going to put a link to it at www.lua.org. In fact, he gave me the suggestion to tell lua-l about the class notes.

--
Pierre Chapuis

--