On Fri, Oct 4, 2013 at 3:44 PM, Andre Arpin <arpin@kingston.net> wrote:
> how is
> require 'pl' works
>
> I can run the example but not the one using
>
> require 'pl'
>
> it is looking for pl.lua but can not find it.
>
> is luarock needed or other magic?
>
> Andre

Hello Andre,

pl.lua is part of the Penlight library, as Pierre linked to.

As it appears that you are new to Lua, I would suggest downloading the
`luarocks` library that you asked about. It is designed to automate
the installation of libraries and you will probably find that helpful.
It is not required, however.

http://luarocks.org/

Another option is to look at LuaDist:

http://luadist.org/

This will automate things even further, and might be of some
additional help, as you play around with Lua.

--Andrew

Since lua is already installed, luarocks