On Tue, Oct 1, 2013 at 4:29 PM, Gary V. Vaughan <gary@vaughan.pe> wrote:
> Now that I'm converting the docu-comments to LDoc format, I'd like to be able to:
>   i) document the functions in base.lua near their definitions in that file;
>  ii) have the list method documentation from base.lua show up list.html, table methods in table.html and tree methods in tree.html.

Hi Gary, sorry about the delay. Basically you have a kind of
inheritance situation where you would like to see the functions from
the base module brought into the list module, etc.  That strikes me as
an interesting challenge - the @submodule idea is worth extending
here.  Perhaps base.lua could contain special sections that would be
merged into the appropriate module?

Does base.lua have any independent need to be documented - is it a
user-facing module?

steve d.