peter.a.stephens wrote
>    Exception in thread "main" com.naef.jnlua.LuaRuntimeException: error
> 'E:\proj\pkghandler\Release\pkghandler.dll':
>
>           The specified module could not be found.
>           at com.naef.jnlua.LuaState.lua_pcall(Native Method)
>           at com.naef.jnlua.LuaState.call(LuaState.java:555)
>           at
> org.eclipse.koneki.ldt.support.lua51.internal.interpreter.JNLua51Launcher.run(JNLua51Launcher.java:122)
>           at
> org.eclipse.koneki.ldt.support.lua51.internal.interpreter.JNLua51Launcher.main(JNLua51Launcher.java:137)
>

> Seems like it is finding the file, but I don’t know why it cant “find” the
> “module”.  I have compared to several examples online and it looks like it
> is correct.  I am using Cygwin to compile LUA nad my library module on
> Windows.  I tried both the 'mingw' and 'posix' targets when I compile
> 'liblua.a'.  I am running Eclipse (CDT + LDT).

It found the file as you expected, but it is confusion that why there is a
java (jni) module's need to load. It probably from the eclipse module you
are using to implement lua vm.

I would suggest try download  luaBinary
<http://luabinaries.sourceforge.net/>   or try a nightly build
ZeroBraneStudio <https://github.com/pkulchenko/ZeroBraneStudio>  .