On Sat, Sep 28, 2013 at 3:13 AM, Sean Conner <sean@conman.org> wrote:
>   The major problem with writing a Makefile is actually figuring out all the
> depenencies.  There are a few tools to help, but I've found them to be
> hit-or-miss and generally, not worth the time (IMHO).

With Lake I went for auto-detection of header file dependencies,
leaning on gcc's -MMD and the equivalent (tho different) mechanism in
MSVC

c.program{'foo',src='foo util blarb'}

it will create foo.d, util.d and blarb.d containing the dependencies
provided by the compiler.

And absolutely - the great thing about declarative is that the build
tool is free to organize the build in parallel - with -j (like make)
lake can use as many cores as you have.  So you e.g. get a two-second
full build of Lua on a humble i3 laptop.

steve d.