2013/9/26 Jayanth Acharya <jayachar88@gmail.com>:

> Reading (recently) some of the papers published,
> the history -- it is clear that some very smart people have been behind Lua,
> and this community here is extremely helpful, participative -- but what it
> might need is 'benevolent dicator' or a small team, who is really crazy
> about competing with the other 'sexier' languages (which appeal to newbies).

We've had efforts along those lines, Steve Donovan being the person
most strongly associated with building standard toolboxes (Penlight,
Microlight) and standard batteries-included parcels (LuaDist), but
these people tend to like programming and to hate acting as marketing
managers.

Personally I don't think Lua needs anybody to market it.