On Mon, Sep 23, 2013 at 3:28 PM, Gary V. Vaughan <gary@vaughan.pe> wrote:
>  Something else interesting that's falling out of the reorganisation is that I now
>  have 75% of a Lisp -> Lua translator (a la moonscript), which I think I'll work
>  on finishing sooner rather than later..

At this point, I feel I need some background on the Z* projects.  Ever
since I've used Emacs, I thought it was a fantastic thing, pity about
the scripting language and its weirdly-borked implementation. (24-bit
numbers, anyone?). That something with the Emacs philosophy (Small-ish
C core, everything else done in Lua) would work very well (Mitchell's
Textadept is something very much in that direction. He is very proud
of his 2000 lines of C that shall not be extended)

> Unfortunately, I've been mostly distracted by supporting infrastructure (luaposix,
> lua-stdlib, Specl, etc.) since I wrote that

Tell me about it! LDoc is now a bigger project than Penlight, and it
was initially 'just' to support my documentation needs on that project

steve d.