Hi,

I'm new to the list, so please point me to your guidelines if I do
something wrong by posting this ...

----

I wrote a kernel for a static site compiler in C. It provides a api
for modules, which get loaded at runtime and which should do the
compiling steps (rule parsing, loading, templating etc, compiling,
building).

Currently, I write a library for using Lua to script modules, say, a
Custom-Purpose module which interfaces to Lua, which is the 'real'
module. I chose Lua because I think it is the best language for this
purpose! Ruby, Python and all this other stuff is too slow for me (the
static site compiler should be really, _really_ fast)! And
as I think (by now...) that the C interface for Lua is really simple
and easy to understand. And, of course, I want to be able to translate
modules from Lua back to C later on.

I have several data types defined in the kernel, which I must
translate transparently into Lua. Can you give me some pointers what
types are the best ones for struct, enums and unions? Can you point me
to some pitfalls I could run into?

I thought about translating struct types to objects, but I don't know
how to translate enums and unions!?

If you need more information about the project or so, feel free to ask me!

Best regards from Germany!

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Kind regards,