This is a fresh version of LDoc[1], the luadoc-compatible Lua
documentation generator.

First of all, thanks to Alexander Gladysh for pushing this release and
doing quality checking!

A list of changes is here [0] but the main things (apart from some
nasty bugs squashed) is that you can sort items in sections using
'sort=true'.  Using the new @set tag, you can even sort only in a
particular module using '@set sort=true' in the module comment; this
applies also to any parameter controlling output generation.

There is a new alternative 'pale' theme, which I've used for [1]

One of the innovations that Alexander has been pushing for is support
for _return groups_, which allow a documenter to specify that a
function can return different _sets_ of values [3]. The new @error tag
makes the common pattern 'either return a value, or return nil and an
error' easier to document.

It is possible to directly generate Markdown, although currently only
for single files; this is '--ext md' (this feature is for Dirk, who
could not see the purpose of the old meaning of '--ext'.

There is experimental support for Moonscript and plain C files,
although I imagine this will not be of such great interest to most
users; it was mostly an exercise in making the front-end flexible
enough to handle rather different languages.

Give it a bash, and in a few days I'll put a final 1.4.1 up in the
luarocks repo.

To install:

$ sudo luarocks install
http://stevedonovan.github.io/files/ldoc-1.4.0-1.rockspec

Or, grab the tagged 1.4.0 release with [2].  Make sure you have Penlight.
 Unpack it somewhere (/my/path/ldoc-1.4.0) and make a little script
ldoc like so on your path

lua /my/path/ldoc-1.4.0/ldoc.lua "$@"

or ldoc.bat

@echo off
lua \my\path\ldoc-1.4.0\ldoc.lua %*

You can then go to /my/path/ldoc-1.4.0/doc and run 'ldoc .' to build
the documentation.

[0] https://github.com/stevedonovan/LDoc/blob/master/changes.md
[1] http://stevedonovan.github.io/ldoc/
[2] https://github.com/stevedonovan/LDoc/releases