On 2013-09-15 00:29:41 +0000, Tim Hill said:

On Sep 14, 2013, at 1:26 PM, Philipp Kraus <philipp.kraus@tu-clausthal.de> wrote:

Hello,

I would like to use a list structure for calling Lua function. So some explanation.
I have got a function e.g.

function test({…})
do first call
do some print
do second call
do some print again
if (a)
do A
else
do B
end
….
end

I have got also a "program counter" which is started by 1. On 1 its should run "do first call" on 2 "do some print" and so on. I would like to use a Lua function, but I would like to run this function step-by-step. I can use a if construct to check the current
"program counter value" and run the correct command, but this is not very nice.

Did you have an idea for this problem?

Thanks

Phil

I think what you are really talking about is a state machine, which is often handled by a switch statement. Since Lua lacks these, you end up resorting to a bunch of "if" statements doing one-by-one checks of your program counter, as you note.

Yes you're right, I'm thinking about a state-machine, each "function call" must be atomic, but a function call can be run many other function calls.

The idea is, in which way can I do this nice in Lua and IMHO Andrew Starks has got a greate idea

You're greate

Phil